Basic Trailer Inspection Guidelines for Pa
Trailers over 3,000 pounds registered gross weight
This list is nothing more than a simple general guideline for what to expect from a trailer inspection in Pa.
- Verify ownership, legality and proof of financial responsibility. Ownership and legality shall be proven by a vehicle registration card, certificate of title or manufacturer’s statement of origin.
- Check Window Glazing for cracks or broken glass.
- Check door operation, including the tailgate.
- Check the lamps and lenses.
- Check Flooring to ensure it can support cargo
Beneath the Vehicle
- Inspect the tires and wheels for wear or damage
(2/32 inch tread minimum)
- Inspect the vehicle frame
- Inspect the braking system
- Inspect the air suspension system (if equipped) and reject if the system is leaking or deflated.